DIX AVENUE CONSTRUCTION
As work on Dix Avenue continues to upgrade the water lines, sewer lines and roadway, there will be water disruptions to the surrounding homes and businesses. Water may be shut off for up to four hours.
We recommend water customers take certain actions in advance of the shut down, including:
- Complete water using tasks such as clothes washing, dish washing, et cetera prior to the scheduled shut down.
- Avoid using water during the shut down, such as turning on faucets, flushing toilets, or bathing, as this may cause air to be trapped in the system and may damage water heaters or other appliances.
- Fill containers with water for drinking, toilet flushing, or sanitation before the shut down
- Run water from all faucets for a short time once water service is restored.
The expected schedule for water disruptions are:
- Tuesday 4/13 Prospect Street and Orchard Street
- Wednesday 4/14 Sierra Street and McDonald Street
- Thursday 4/15 Complete Sierra Street and North Side of Platt Street
- Friday 4/16 North Side of Platt Street and North Side of Uncas Street
Eastbound traffic is being diverted to Lawrence Street, with traffic on Dix Avenue limited to one way – west bound. Please follow detour signs and drive carefully in the construction zones.