City Reminds Public About Temporary Roadside Sign Rules
As election season approaches, temporary signs are popping up around the City in the public right-of-way. Those wishing to plant temporary signs along the roadside should be aware of the rules governing such signs in the City of Glens Falls:
1. No such signs shall be allowed without a Temporary Sign Permit. Temporary Sign permits shall not exceed 65 days in duration. A deposit of $25 shall be paid upon the issuance of the permit. The deposit shall be refunded if the signs are removed in a timely manner.
2. No signs of a temporary nature, such as political signs, advertisements for events and shows, banners and signs of a similar nature, shall be displayed until 60 days prior to the event and they must be removed within five days after the event.
3. Any one individual or organization will be limited to five (5) Temporary Sign Permits for a maximum of 60 days total per calendar year. Only one active, Temporary Sign permit per applicant will be granted.
4. Political signs shall be limited to a maximum size of six square feet. Each political sign shall be placed only on private property. For political signs, the deposit of $25 shall be required from each candidate and shall cover any number of signs.
5. No signs, printed matter or other advertising shall be affixed to any fence, utility pole, tree, or other such parts of the natural landscape within the City.
Questions regarding the temporary sign rules and permits should contact the Mayor’s Office, 518 761-3867.